A lot of organizations come together to make Shobi’s Table happen.
* Mobile Action Ministries provides the use of the food truck free-of-charge.
* Church partners have helped Shobi’s Table move forward by providing food, funding, volunteers and program space. In addition, a number of congregations have contracted with Shobi’s Table to provide food for church events, providing an income stream to fund the community meals. Church partners include:
– St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Christ Lutheran, Lake Elmo
– Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Immanuel Lutheran, Saint Paul
– North Emmanuel, Saint Paul
– Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, Moundsview
– St. Timothy Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Incarnation Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Augustana Lutheran Church, West Saint Paul
* Agencies that serve the homeless in St. Paul (particularly the East Side) have helped Shobi’s Table staff develop the program and identify a location for service. They also refer participants.
– Dorothy Day Center
– Listening House
– Mary Hall—Catholic Charities
* The Department of Human Services of the State of Minnesota provided advice on community needs, and the design and location of the program.
* Referral agencies
– South Metro Human Services provides homeless outreach and case management
– Ramsey County Mental Health has a walk in mental health clinic and connects clients to resources
– Mental Health Resources provides case management and administers housing vouchers
* Luther Seminary: students volunteer as part of their coursework
* The St. Paul Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
Initial funding for the program came through the St. Paul Synod. The synod has helped connect Shobi’s Table to a number of congregations in the area, an opportunity for staff to teach a large number of people about hunger in the community and how they can help. A number of the partnerships with churches have been formed with the Synod’s help.
The individual contributions of individuals have helped in amazing and awe-inspiring ways. Become a partner in our ministry.