A lot of organizations come together to make Shobi’s Table happen.
* Church partners have helped Shobi’s Table move forward by providing food, funding, volunteers and program space. In addition, a number of congregations have contracted with Shobi’s Table to provide food for church events, providing an income stream to fund the community meals. Church partners include:
– St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Gustavus Adolphus Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Immanuel Lutheran, Saint Paul
– Abiding Savior Lutheran Church, Moundsview
– St. Timothy Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Incarnation Lutheran Church, Saint Paul
– Augustana Lutheran Church, West Saint Paul
* Agencies that serve the homeless in St. Paul (particularly the East Side) have helped Shobi’s Table staff develop the program and identify a location for service. They also refer participants.
– Dorothy Day Center
– Listening House
– Mary Hall—Catholic Charities
* The Department of Human Services of the State of Minnesota provided advice on community needs, and the design and location of the program.
* Referral agencies
– South Metro Human Services provides homeless outreach and case management
– Ramsey County Mental Health has a walk in mental health clinic and connects clients to resources
– Mental Health Resources provides case management and administers housing vouchers
* Luther Seminary: students volunteer as part of their coursework
* The Saint Paul Area Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
Initial funding for the program came through the St. Paul Synod. The synod has helped connect Shobi’s Table to a number of congregations in the area, an opportunity for staff to teach a large number of people about hunger in the community and how they can help. A number of the partnerships with churches have been formed with the Synod’s help.
The individual contributions of individuals have helped in amazing and awe-inspiring ways. Become a partner in our ministry.